Written on 07/04/2018 by Steffest
First Steps - simple demo programs
Ok: Baby steps
Let's get the basics first: opening screens and windows, displaying something on the screen.
I've made a new repo on Github collecting all small examples.
If there are no building instructions you can compile them with:
- Sas/C: type "mkmk" then "smake"
- GCC: type "gcc -noixemul ****.c -o ****"
Let's not worry about portabilty at this point. The first goal is to get a program running that
- runs fullscreen
- displays an animated sprite
- listens for mouse and keyboard input
- does some kind of performance test
- exits gracefully on click
Maybe a bunnymark to test raw sprite perfomance?
My first semi-usefull program: detect if we are running on AGA Amiga or not. Yay! works fine.
Some interesting resources:
And some reading:
Don't you love the internet!
This article is part of the Wanderings in Amiga dev-land