First Steps - simple demo programs
Ok: Baby steps
Let's get the basics first: opening screens and windows, displaying something on the screen.
I've made a new repo on Github collecting all small examples.
If there are no building instructions you can compile them with:
- Sas/C: type "mkmk" then "smake"
- GCC: type "gcc -noixemul ****.c -o ****"
Let's not worry about portabilty at this point. The first goal is to get a program running that
- runs fullscreen
- displays an animated sprite
- listens for mouse and keyboard input
- does some kind of performance test
- exits gracefully on click
Some interesting resources:
- Excellent resource with lots of examples in C provided by Commodore in 1990 for the Amiga Reference Manual.: http://www.aminet.net/dev/src/RKMCompanion.lha
- Zoom2 CD contains some interesting snippets: http://cd.textfiles.com/zoom2/programming/amigac/c_manual/
- to check out in the future: https://github.com/weiju/amiga-stuff/tree/master/scrolling_tricks
And some reading:
Don't you love the internet!